GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tora Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tora Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:16:04 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

Registration is open for spring GIS course at the University of Maine at
Machias. Sign up now and spread the word!

This spring we'll be offering...

GIS 330: GIS Applications II (hybrid and on-campus options)- This course
focuses primarily on spatial analysis with raster and vector data, as well
as model building, spatial interpolation and suitability analysis.
Prerequisite: GIS I or equivalent (Not sure whether you qualify? Drop us a
line!). Jan 23- 5/16. Hybrid section is all online plus three Saturday
sessions on 2/2, 3/23, 5/4. On-campus section meets in Machias Mon & Fri 2
- 3:20pm and Wed 3 - 4:50pm.

GIS 420: Remote Sensing and Image Analysis (hybrid only)- We'll work with
Landsat, lidar, orthoimagery and other remotely sensed data, learning
analytical techniques, physical principles, and ground truthing. We also
get to work with some of the most amazing a beautiful images of the
earth. Prerequisite:
GIS II or equivalent; may be taken concurrently with GIS II with permission
of instructor. Not sure whether you qualify? Drop us a line!). Jan 23-
5/16; hybrid course is all online plus three Saturday sessions on 2/9,
3/30, 5/11.

GIS 204: Global Positioning System (GPS; 5-day intensive)- We'll learn the
principles behind global navigation satellite systems like GPS, field
techniques in a service project, trip planning and post-processing, the
basics of importing GPS data into a GIS, and methods for minimizing error
and documenting accuracy. This is a fun, field-based course open to
everyone. May 20-24, 9 to 5pm.

All courses come with a free one-year license for ArcGIS 10.1 software and
count toward our certificate and degree programs. Our courses focus on
skills needed in the workplace today, and feature hands-on service projects
for real-world clients. Learn more and enroll
athttp://machias.edu/gis<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmachias.edu%2Fgis&h=dAQGRWMO1AQEGisY_bkN-0rlvUKsRahGlQ_GQwuRo3z-k5Q&s=1>
.

Any questions? Feel free to drop us a line.

Cheers!
Tora

Tora Johnson
Director/ Instructor
GIS Service Center & Laboratory
Torrey 223
University of Maine at Machias
(207) 255-1214

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: