Dear Colleagues,

Registration is open for spring GIS course at the University of Maine at
Machias. Sign up now and spread the word!

This spring we'll be offering...

GIS 330: GIS Applications II (hybrid and on-campus options)- This course
focuses primarily on spatial analysis with raster and vector data, as well
as model building, spatial interpolation and suitability analysis.
Prerequisite: GIS I or equivalent (Not sure whether you qualify? Drop us a
line!). Jan 23- 5/16. Hybrid section is all online plus three Saturday
sessions on 2/2, 3/23, 5/4. On-campus section meets in Machias Mon & Fri 2
- 3:20pm and Wed 3 - 4:50pm.

GIS 420: Remote Sensing and Image Analysis (hybrid only)- We'll work with
Landsat, lidar, orthoimagery and other remotely sensed data, learning
analytical techniques, physical principles, and ground truthing. We also
get to work with some of the most amazing a beautiful images of the
earth. Prerequisite:
GIS II or equivalent; may be taken concurrently with GIS II with permission
of instructor. Not sure whether you qualify? Drop us a line!). Jan 23-
5/16; hybrid course is all online plus three Saturday sessions on 2/9,
3/30, 5/11.

GIS 204: Global Positioning System (GPS; 5-day intensive)- We'll learn the
principles behind global navigation satellite systems like GPS, field
techniques in a service project, trip planning and post-processing, the
basics of importing GPS data into a GIS, and methods for minimizing error
and documenting accuracy. This is a fun, field-based course open to
everyone. May 20-24, 9 to 5pm.

All courses come with a free one-year license for ArcGIS 10.1 software and
count toward our certificate and degree programs. Our courses focus on
skills needed in the workplace today, and feature hands-on service projects
for real-world clients. Learn more and enroll
athttp://machias.edu/gis<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmachias.edu%2Fgis&h=dAQGRWMO1AQEGisY_bkN-0rlvUKsRahGlQ_GQwuRo3z-k5Q&s=1>
.

Any questions? Feel free to drop us a line.

Cheers!
Tora

Tora Johnson
Director/ Instructor
GIS Service Center & Laboratory
Torrey 223
University of Maine at Machias
(207) 255-1214

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: