GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Haeuser,Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Haeuser,Charles
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:48:30 +0000
Dear GeoNews List Subscribers,

I am wondering if anyone has come across a resource in which I could find a comprehensive list of possible or typical GIS layers for municipalities (small cities, preferably) by municipal department.  I am particularly interested in layers for Public Works and Parks.  This would be of help in doing an informal internal GIS needs assessment that South Portland is undertaking.  Rather than just ask some of our less GIS-savvy department supervisors what GIS layers they need, I am hoping to provide them a menu to choose from.

Thanks for any assistance,
Tex Haeuser

Tex Haeuser
Planning & Development Director
City of South Portland
496 Ocean Street
South Portland, ME 04106
Phone:  207-767-7649
Fax:  207-767-2197
email:  [log in to unmask]

NOTICE: Under Maine's Freedom of Access ("Right-to-Know") law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about City business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: