GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Smith, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Smith, Michael
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 12:50:39 -0400
Hi everyone,

I am please to report that as of Tuesday, 5/31, PhotoScience had
completed the collection of lidar data over the entire northeastern
project area, finishing up with coastal Maine.  The data will likely be
available by the end of Augusta or early September.  The first tier
(roughly MDI north to Bangor and east to Calais) was collected last Fall
and is already delivered.  Tier 2 (roughly Ellsworth south to about
Belfast) was also collected last Fall and should be here in the next few
weeks.  The last tier is the southern coast piece which is likely to
arrive in the August/Sept. timeframe mentioned above.

Since the second round of data should be here very soon, MEGIS is going
to wait to post the data on its web site until we get the 2nd tier.
MEGIS will post the DEMs on the web site, and make the .las files
available to interested parties using the same methodology we do with
orthophotos.  Also I have asked certain regional contacts to be
available for providing the .las files to interested parties.

Shameless MEGUG plug:  PhotoScience and Applied Imagery will be
providing a 2.5 hour workshop on using lidar data at the June 24 summer
school in Bethel, featuring data from this project.  More details
www.megug.org.

Happy topographic mapping!

*****************
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS, Maine OIT
Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Board Member, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council

State House Station 174
264 Civic Center Drive
Augusta, ME 04333-0174
(207) 215-5530

69 o 47' 49.5"W   44 o 20' 54.5"N

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: