GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Smith, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:53:51 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded.  The concensus I got from the

- a federal representative is desired

- otherwise board membership, quorum, etc. should not really change
(mixed opinions on adding a legislator, other industry reps, keeping the
board small)

- the Board is weighted too heavily to state agencies

- the ability to remove delinquent members is desired after either 3
consecutive absences or 4 absences in any 12-month period

What I have written then, into the draft bill that is (hopefully)
attached, is:

- removal of the DAFS commissioner appointee, since the CIO is also
representing DAFS (Nancy don't take that personally!)

- addition of a federal rep, to be nominated by the Board in a majority
vote

- removal of members by the Board in a majority vote provided the
delinquent member has missed either 3 consecutive meetings or 4 in any
12-month period

- no change in quorum since the membership number will stay the same

At the meeting next week I will make a motion that the Board endorse
this bill and send it on to Dick Thompson who can shepherd it into the
legislative process.

Michael Smith
State GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS
 <<Motion to endorse adding a federal representative to the Maine
Library of Geographic Information Board.doc>>  <<An Act To Add a Federal