GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Kane, Nate" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kane, Nate
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2014 13:28:25 +0000
Thanks, Joe.  I totally agree with this sentiment.  When reporting to the legislature or soliciting support from non-users, we need to focus on highlighting outcomes, information products, their current/potential use  and overall impacts/value.   (But always be ready to outline how any potentials would become reality).

Of course, when speaking to direct users and other data geeks, it’s still vitally important to highlight data and tools because the more real users we have (not just theoretical users), the more benefit is realized from GeoLibrary efforts and, in turn,  more GL support is generated from within their own, individual efforts/organizations.

I guess the key thing to remember is “Know your audience”…

Thanks Again,
Nate