GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Smith, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:00:14 -0500
The Maine Office of GIS and The Maine GeoLibrary Board have added York
County municipal orthophotos to our municipal imagery web mapping
service (WMS).

These photos are 6" color, flown April 23-26 2007 by Sanborn and
prepared by Bradstreet.  Please note that towns of York and Kittery were
not included in this flight.  We have received separate 2005 and 2006
imagery for those towns, which will be loaded in at a later date.

The URL for the WMS is:
http://geolibportal.maine.gov/wms/mapserv.exe?map=c:/wms/orthos_muni.map
&

A reminder that a WMS is not a web application, you have to use it in a
GIS software (if you click on the link above you won't see anything).
For more information see the GeoLibrary web page
http://www.maine.gov/geolib.

Michael Smith
State GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS

This list (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove
your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: