GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Smith, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Smith, Michael
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 14:36:01 +0000
Forwarding on behalf of NEARC...

***************************

Good morning,

I would like to extend a personal invitation to you to attend the upcoming NEARC 2012 Conference<http://northeastarc.org/2012/index.html> in beautiful Rockland, Maine.  Unbelievably, it is only about a month away!

This is a pivotal year for many organizations for whom GIS is a critical tool.  I suspect it is a pivotal year for you too.   Esri has released some exciting new capabilities for you to publish and share your maps and applications through ArcGIS Online.  ArcGIS Server is SIGNIFICANTLY changed - and improved - with the 10.1 release.  Mobile GIS applications are increasingly being demanded by our users and mobile workforce enablement is one of the most important value drivers for new GIS investments.

NEARC 2012 represents a tremendously valuable opportunity for you to sharpen your professional skills and to learn from the experts about the newly available technologies and best practices for GIS in your specialty area.  Here are a few of the opportunities that will be available to you at NEARC 2012:

*         Hear about the evolving vision and direction of Esri and how Esri GIS is delivering value around the world from Esri's Jim Higgins.  As Esri's Global Lead for Water & Wastewater, Jim has traveled the world extensively and has developed a great perspective of the different patterns and practices where GIS can be successful.  As one of Jack's most trusted leaders, Jim is an active participant in cultivating the evolving vision for Esri, focusing on how the company can best meet the needs of its customers.  You won't want to miss Jim's keynote address.

*         Attend technical sessions from Esri including:

o   What's New in ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop

o   What's New in ArcGIS 10.1 for Server

o   Geocollaboration with ArcGIS Online

o   Esri Maps for Microsoft Office

o   Making and Publishing Map Services with ArcGIS 10.1

o   Addressing the Needs of Local Government with ArcGIS

o   Managing Land Records with the Parcel Fabric

o   ArcGIS Systems Architecture: Sizing Up Your Needs

o   ArcGIS Server Database Administration and Multi-User Database Concepts

o   Working with the ArcGIS for Server Web API for JavaScript

o   Using ArcGIS on Smartphones and Tablets

*         Learn about the latest offerings from the vendor community through our vendor showcase.

*         See how your peers are successfully applying GIS in many different areas including

o   Education

o   Emerging Technologies / IT

o   Facilities and Infrastructure Management

o   Mobile

o   Municipal and Planning

o   Natural Resources

o   Public Safety

*         Network with fellow professionals in State & Local Government, Higher Education, Consultants, Commercial Hardware & Software, Facilities Management, Non-Profits, Esri

*         Our dinner speaker on Tuesday night will be Dr. Stephen Hornsby from the University of Maine.  Stephen will be describing the upcoming Historical Atlas of Maine<http://umaine.edu/canam/publications/historical-atlas-of-maine/>.  It is a truly masterful work and a presentation you will be inspired by.

Besides all of the intellectual goodness, Rockland NEARC will be FUN!  The Samoset Resort<http://www.samosetresort.com/> is a beautiful venue and Rockland Maine<http://mainedreamvacation.com/> is a wonderful small city.  We have lots of opportunities arranged for you to network with your friends in the NEARC family and to make new friends.  After all, NEARC is all about Users Helping Users.   Without you, it just doesn't work.

NEARC 2012 in Rockland Maine is going to be a great conference.  I look forward to seeing you there.

Don't forget to register<http://northeastarc.org/2012/html/registration.shtml> today.

Kind regards,

Stu Rich
NEARC President

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, but contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message and its attachments.

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: