GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"OIT, GeolibraryBoard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OIT, GeolibraryBoard
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 18:57:37 +0000
State Agencies are going to find it tough to come up with more $$ for GIS. They were told consistently that funding for GIS would be covered under the General fund budget request and feedback for this was good right up until the last days of the budget negotiations.

Consequently Agencies did not budget for GIS. They were also told to reduce Information Technology expenses so this puts them in a double bind, any money diverted to support GIS now will take funding from other priority areas already identified in the budget passed at the beginning of the month.

Joseph Young
Maine Office of GIS, Administrative Director
Maine Library of Geographic Information, Executive Director
SHS 145
51 Commerce Drive<[log in to unmask],-69.802412,822m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4cb206d051eb934d:0x1075539d44caa8f0!6m1!1e1C:/Users/joseph.young.SOM/Documents/ArcGIS" target="_blank">https:[log in to unmask],-69.802412,822m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4cb206d051eb934d:0x1075539d44caa8f0!6m1!1e1C:/Users/joseph.young.SOM/Documents/ArcGIS>
Augusta, Maine 04333-0145
Voice: 207-624-9539
Cell: 207-624-2664
https://www1.maine.gov/megis/