GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Nazar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:51:01 -0400
Hi Will,

I suspect the mass exodus may be a natural result of the way this list
was created and populated.  I can't say that I recall requesting that my
email address be added to this listserv.  I have little to no
involvement with either MEGUG or the GeoLibrary (except having been
present at its birth).  Getting one or two unexpected emails during a
day is fairly normal, but when you all of a sudden get six or seven on
the same topic - for example "Tax Maps - Any Format" - you may start to
look for a way to make them stop, especially if they are coming from a
list that you never actively sought to join.  I'm not sure how this
apparently brand new list got over 400 subscribers, but if addresses
were added to a listserv without the address holder's knowledge, I
expect you will see more requests for addresses to be removed.

Personally, I think the listserv will be useful and I want to remain on
it.  But I have no idea how I got on the list in the first place.

Matt

Matthew Nazar
Deputy Director of Development Services
City of Augusta