GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Smith, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Smith, Michael
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:30:03 -0500
MEGIS has released an updated version of the 'new' orthoviewer,
available from http://megis.maine.gov/maps.  With this version we
have...

A) Fixed the download issue

B) Replaced the download method with a simpler one which also allows
multiple tile downloads.  There are two simple steps:
    1) select the index file from which you want to download tiles (i.e.
NAIP 2009, GeoLibrary 1ft)
    2) use the 'i' button to drag a box or click a location - the
resulting tile(s) will be shown in the 'Results' pane
    (consult the Help for more detail)

With this version we also announce the retirement of the ArcIMS-based
orthoviewer.  It will be removed from production on March 6.  Also at
that time all orthoimagery that MEGIS maintains in its ArcSDE database
will be removed.  State agency users should be aware of this and utilize
the web mapping services we now provide in cooperation with the
GeoLibrary (http://www.maine.gov/geolib/wms.htm
<http://www.maine.gov/geolib/wms.htm> ) instead.

Note for Firefox users - there is a bug in Firefox where the 'OK' button
is grayed out when trying to save a file.  Some of you may experience
this.  It is not specific to our orthoviewer but has to do with Firefox
losing 'focus' on a window when the mouse travels over other windows (in
this case the map window).  All you have to do is click on the 'Open
with' 'Browse' button, then just cancel that and you can 'Save File'.
That brings the focus back.

No issues noted for IE.  Limited testing on Google Chrome revealed no
issues.

Any constructive comments on the new orthoviewer are welcome.

**********
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS
State House Station 174
264 Civic Center Drive
Augusta ME 04333-0174
(207) 215-5530

Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: