GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
James Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 11:10:52 -0400
Michael,
   Hope this isn't too late.
   I support a federal appointee, and would consider a appointments from
the professional or licensed communities. I take various people's points
about making the Board too big, and so would reserve a decision around how
many to a final vote. I am opposed to making an appointment from the
legislature. The Board has history there, and benefits were minimal. Any
legislator simply has too many competing priorities. That said, we should
cultivate legislative champions.
   I support the quorum being 1/2 the eligible members.
   I also support keeping the positive vote to be 1/2 the eligible members
instead of 1/2 the members present. That forces consensus, and with a Board
like our that's key. If we should ever split into factions the game is over.
Thanks for taking on this task!
Cheers,
Jim