Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 12:39:02 EDT
I have known Travis for 5 years, watched him play at Yarmouth and NYA,
before he went to Tabor, and recently spoke with his father, who also
serves as the rink manager at NYA's Ice Arena.  Throughout the conversation,
which focused mostly on Travis, there was a gleam in his eye and I could
tell how proud he was of his son, and how much he was looking forward to
see Travis follow in his footsteps as a college hockey player.
I was stunned when I heard the story on the radio this morning.  Travis
has always been a good kid, strong, intelligent and fun to watch on
the ice.
If any of the Bostonians on here could email me the address of Boston
City Hospital, and if at all possible his room number, I would greatly
appreciate it.

I figure I am one of the BU-bashers Mike referred to in his post, and
I admit I have said some things in the past, but I wouldn't wish this
on anyone.  I had actually intended to post a piece today about J.P.'s
comeback...for him to be back on his feet is incredible, to be playing
again is a miracle; which is what we must hope for now in Travis' case.
I am hopeful that having Chris O'Sullivan and J.P. around will help
Travis through this horrible time.  They were not expected to come back
either, but they have.  I hope that there is one more miracle left
for Travis.

John Forsyth
http://maine.maine.edu/~jforsy41/