EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Vito, Derrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:51:35 -0500
In regards to whether Mr. Pound ever saw a Brakhage film:
A friend of mine (and a good friend of Stan's) told me that indeed Mr.
Pound did view one (if not more) of Stan's films.

"In someone's apartment.  During Stan's N.Y. days.  Pound watched to the
end.  His body language may have suggested that he liked it.  As it
happens, this was in one of Pound's phases when he didn't speak a word
for months on end, so there was no comment.  At least he didn't get up
and leave."

This is something that Stan himself is very proud of, and has raised
this story up among his friends on the occasion that Mr. Pound's name is
mentioned. I have heard Stan personally laud 'The Cantos", as he often
says he always wanted to be a poet, but thinking he did not have the
skills of one, chose filmmaking.

DC Vito