UC_BATHBRUN Archives

Univ College Bath-Brunswick Students

UC_BATHBRUN@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 16:42:29 -0400
 Newsletter 5/16/11 | Bath / Brunswick

[image: Description: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 5/16/11*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Congratulations to the grads!*

*Congratulations to all of the
graduates<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2011/05/2011programfinal.pdf>!
*Thank you to Student Association officers; *Linda Arris*, *Tina
Chase*, *Melissa
Comstock*, *Shannon Landry* and *Wendy Vrooman* for organizing a terrific
send off for the graduates!

*Share your graduation celebration pics on our FB page*

Check out the pictures<http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s#!/photo.php?fbid=10150193123273556&set=a.10150193121953556.319636.95070528555&type=1&theater>from
the
*5/13* celebration of the grads! Please post your commencement ceremony and
graduation celebration photos on our FB
page<http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
!

*Start your summer*

Summer sessions I and III started on Monday, *5/16*. *Summer
registration<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/course-schedule/>
* is open and ongoing with class start dates throughout the summer. If you
have not already registered for your *fall
courses<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/fall-2011-courses/>
* please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Lisa Whitney
or Dennis Unger. We already have some full section so be sure to sign-up for
classes now!

*Check our summer hours*

Our building and business office hours have been *updated for
summer<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/hours/>
*. We will be closed on Monday *5/30* in observance of Memorial Day.

*Work or volunteer*

If you accept a *work-study award* offer as part of your financial aid
package please contact *Arlene Smith <[log in to unmask]>* to let her know
that you are interested in exploring a work-study job at the center. If you
do not have a work-study award you may apply for a volunteer student staff
position.

*Learm more about your personality type*

Dennis Unger will offer the *Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Workshop*starting on
*5/26*. The three-week workshop is designed to help participants: learn more
about their personality type, discover the role of personality in the career
planning process, and explore the relationship between type and career
satisfaction.

This no-cost workshop is open to the public and will be offered on
Thursdays, *5/26, 6/2, and 6/9* from 6 to 7:30 pm. Space is limited and
advance sign-up for the series of three sessions is required; call
1-800-696-2329 or 442-7736.

*Explore career goals!*

Here’s a perfect opportunity to explore and clarify your career goals! *Shelley
Taylor*, Maine Centers for Women, Work & Community is offering a four
session *Career
Exploration*<http://womenworkandcommunity.org/?page_id=16&rec=1365>class
at no cost. The class meets on Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
beginning *6/7 through 6/28*. FMI or to register call 386-1664 or email:

*Get inspired!*

*Bath’s 3rd Friday
ArtWalk<http://www.fiveriversartsalliance.org/events/artwalk3rdfriday.aspx>
* kicks off on *5/20* from 5-8 pm. Explore artist’s studios, galleries and
live music.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: Description: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image: Description:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*AAUW Scholarship Recipients
Announced<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/aauw-scholarship-recipients-announced/>
***

Joline Connolly-Allen and Lisa Archer have been awarded the Bath-Brunswick
Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/aauw-scholarship-recipients-announced/>

*What’s Your Type? <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/whats-type/>***

Learn about your personality type by signing up for a free Myers Briggs Type
Indicator (MBTI) workshop.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/whats-type/>

*Celebrating the
grads!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/celebrating-grads/>
***

The Student Association celebrated the accomplishments of the graduating
students with a 5/13 dinner featuring a talk by UMA faculty member, Thomas
Giordano. More <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/celebrating-grads/>

*New Financial Aid Regulations Effective July
2011<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/financial-aid-regulations-effective-july-2011/>
***

Effective July 1, 2011, federal financial aid regulations are changing
related to satisfactory academic progress (SAP) which allows you to continue
to receive financial aid. The new
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/financial-aid-regulations-effective-july-2011/>

*Work-study or volunteer!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/18/work-or-volunteer/>
***

Interested in a work-study or volunteer position? Each semester we recruit a
number of students who have been awarded work-study money or volunteers, who
can earn a three More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/18/work-or-volunteer/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>