Newsletter 5/16/11 | Bath / Brunswick

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 5/16/11

Click here to view in a web browser

Congratulations to the grads!

Congratulations to all of the graduates! Thank you to Student Association officers; Linda Arris, Tina Chase, Melissa Comstock, Shannon Landry and Wendy Vrooman for organizing a terrific send off for the graduates!

Share your graduation celebration pics on our FB page

Check out the pictures from the 5/13 celebration of the grads! Please post your commencement ceremony and graduation celebration photos on our FB page!

Start your summer

Summer sessions I and III started on Monday, 5/16. Summer registration is open and ongoing with class start dates throughout the summer. If you have not already registered for your fall courses please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Lisa Whitney or Dennis Unger. We already have some full section so be sure to sign-up for classes now!

Check our summer hours

Our building and business office hours have been updated for summer. We will be closed on Monday 5/30 in observance of Memorial Day.

Work or volunteer

If you accept a work-study award offer as part of your financial aid package please contact Arlene Smith to let her know that you are interested in exploring a work-study job at the center. If you do not have a work-study award you may apply for a volunteer student staff position.

Learm more about your personality type

Dennis Unger will offer the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Workshop starting on 5/26. The three-week workshop is designed to help participants: learn more about their personality type, discover the role of personality in the career planning process, and explore the relationship between type and career satisfaction.

This no-cost workshop is open to the public and will be offered on Thursdays, 5/26, 6/2, and 6/9 from 6 to 7:30 pm. Space is limited and advance sign-up for the series of three sessions is required; call 1-800-696-2329 or 442-7736.

Explore career goals!

Here’s a perfect opportunity to explore and clarify your career goals! Shelley Taylor, Maine Centers for Women, Work & Community is offering a four session Career Exploration class at no cost. The class meets on Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm beginning 6/7 through 6/28. FMI or to register call 386-1664 or email: [log in to unmask]

Get inspired!

Bath’s 3rd Friday ArtWalk kicks off on 5/20 from 5-8 pm. Explore artist’s studios, galleries and live music.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

Latest News & Events

AAUW Scholarship Recipients Announced

Joline Connolly-Allen and Lisa Archer have been awarded the Bath-Brunswick Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship. More

What’s Your Type?

Learn about your personality type by signing up for a free Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) workshop. More

Celebrating the grads!

The Student Association celebrated the accomplishments of the graduating students with a 5/13 dinner featuring a talk by UMA faculty member, Thomas Giordano. More

New Financial Aid Regulations Effective July 2011

Effective July 1, 2011, federal financial aid regulations are changing related to satisfactory academic progress (SAP) which allows you to continue to receive financial aid. The new More

Work-study or volunteer!

Interested in a work-study or volunteer position? Each semester we recruit a number of students who have been awarded work-study money or volunteers, who can earn a three More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.