UC_BATHBRUN Archives

Univ College Bath-Brunswick Students

UC_BATHBRUN@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:08:59 -0400
Newsletter 8/3/11 | Bath / Brunswick

[image: Description: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 8/3/11*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Help us go viral!*

Be sure to check out *UCBB’s new YouTube
channel<http://www.youtube.com/user/universitycollegebb>
*. Please post your comments and give us suggestions and feedback on our
recently posted videos. We also invite you to submit ideas for future
videos. Are you interested in helping to create new UCBB videos? Contact Dennis
Unger <[log in to unmask]> to express your interest.

*Make peace*

Attend the 7th annual Greater Brunswick *Peace
Fair<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/07/14/attend-peace-fair/>
*,* *which* *will be held on Saturday,* 8/6, 10 am to 4 pm* on the Brunswick
Mall. *Suzanne Jones*, University of Maine at Augusta, Liberal Arts student
and recipient of the 2011 Peace Studies Scholarship, will represent the
center and the University of Maine *Peace and Reconciliation
Studies<http://learn.maine.edu/programs/peace-reconciliation-studies/>
* certificate program at the Peace Fair. Local artists, poets and musicians
will offer activities that will be fun and engaging for all age groups.

*Save $$$ with this sweet deal!*

The *UMA Bookstore <http://www.umabookstore.com/>* is offering a new
textbook shipping option. If you order your books by *8/19* you can
select *“Pickup
at Bath/Brunswick”* and you will be charged a handling fee of $2.00 instead
of the normal UPS ground shipping charge. Your books will be available to be
picked up at our Business Office starting on *8/25*. We are trying this as a
pilot –please give us feedback about how this option works for you.

*Register now*

*Fall course registration<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/fall-2011-courses/>
* without payment is still open and ongoing for classes from all seven
campuses. *Register now* to guarantee that you get the classes you want and
need. Please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Dennis
Unger or Lisa Whitney.

*Schedule your last summer beach days*

Classes begin on *8/29*, the Monday before the Labor Day holiday at all
campuses with the exception of UMF (starts 8/31). The *UMS 2011-12 academic
calendar <http://www.maine.edu/pdf/ACADEMICCALENDAR2011-12.pdf>* is
available online as a PDF or better yet *add our UCBB events
calendar<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/02/stay-connected/>
*with your Google Apps!

*Get oriented*

All new and transfer students are invited and encouraged to attend a *new
student orientation*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/get-started/new-student-orientation/>session
*Thursday, 8/25, at either 9 to 11:30 am or 4 to 6:30 pm.* Call 442-7736 to
sign up for one of these sessions.

*Sharpen your career knowledge*

Browse our *Resource
Library<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/center-services/resource-library/>
* to jump-start your job search or to assist with your career exploration
process. These materials are available for borrowing.

*Express yourself*

Anyone may submit entries to the *7th Annual Belfast
Poetry<http://www.belfastpoetry.com/>
* contest by mail from anyplace in Maine until *9/1*.

*Be Wise & Lock Your Car***

Although UCBB and its surrounding areas are safe environments, there is an
increase of reported property thefts in the region. We advise that you lock
your car for added safety.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: Description: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image: Description:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*UMA fine arts and humanities courses begin August
29<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/07/12/uma-fine-arts-humanities-courses-august-29/>
***

Registration is now open for fine arts and humanities courses offered in
Bath this fall.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/07/12/uma-fine-arts-humanities-courses-august-29/>

*Flexible Health Care Programs Available in
Bath<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/06/20/flexible-health-care-programs-bath/>
***

University College at Bath/Brunswick offers courses from the University of
Maine System campuses leading to degrees or certificates in holistic health,
dental hygiene, medical lab technology, mental health and
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/06/20/flexible-health-care-programs-bath/>

*New Scholarship Program Honors Paul
Hanley<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/18/scholarship-program-honors-paul-hanley/>
***

The Paul Hanley Memorial Scholarship fund has been established.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/18/scholarship-program-honors-paul-hanley/>

*AAUW Scholarship Recipients
Announced<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/aauw-scholarship-recipients-announced/>
***

Joline Connolly-Allen and Lisa Archer have been awarded the Bath-Brunswick
Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/aauw-scholarship-recipients-announced/>

*Celebrating the
grads!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/celebrating-grads/>
***

The Student Association celebrated the accomplishments of the graduating
students with a 5/13 dinner featuring a talk by UMA faculty member, Thomas
Giordano. More <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/celebrating-grads/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>