Newsletter 8/3/11 | Bath / Brunswick

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 8/3/11

Click here to view in a web browser

Help us go viral!

Be sure to check out UCBB’s new YouTube channel. Please post your comments and give us suggestions and feedback on our recently posted videos. We also invite you to submit ideas for future videos. Are you interested in helping to create new UCBB videos? Contact Dennis Unger to express your interest.

Make peace

Attend the 7th annual Greater Brunswick Peace Fair, which will be held on Saturday, 8/6, 10 am to 4 pm on the Brunswick Mall. Suzanne Jones, University of Maine at Augusta, Liberal Arts student and recipient of the 2011 Peace Studies Scholarship, will represent the center and the University of Maine Peace and Reconciliation Studies certificate program at the Peace Fair. Local artists, poets and musicians will offer activities that will be fun and engaging for all age groups.

Save $$$ with this sweet deal!

The UMA Bookstore is offering a new textbook shipping option. If you order your books by 8/19 you can select “Pickup at Bath/Brunswick” and you will be charged a handling fee of $2.00 instead of the normal UPS ground shipping charge. Your books will be available to be picked up at our Business Office starting on 8/25. We are trying this as a pilot –please give us feedback about how this option works for you.

Register now

Fall course registration without payment is still open and ongoing for classes from all seven campuses. Register now to guarantee that you get the classes you want and need. Please call 442-7736 to schedule an advising appointment with Dennis Unger or Lisa Whitney.

Schedule your last summer beach days

Classes begin on 8/29, the Monday before the Labor Day holiday at all campuses with the exception of UMF (starts 8/31). The UMS 2011-12 academic calendar is available online as a PDF or better yet add our UCBB events calendar with your Google Apps!

Get oriented

All new and transfer students are invited and encouraged to attend a new student orientation session Thursday, 8/25, at either 9 to 11:30 am or 4 to 6:30 pm. Call 442-7736 to sign up for one of these sessions.

Sharpen your career knowledge

Browse our Resource Library to jump-start your job search or to assist with your career exploration process. These materials are available for borrowing.

Express yourself

Anyone may submit entries to the 7th Annual Belfast Poetry contest by mail from anyplace in Maine until 9/1.

Be Wise & Lock Your Car

Although UCBB and its surrounding areas are safe environments, there is an increase of reported property thefts in the region. We advise that you lock your car for added safety.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

Latest News & Events

UMA fine arts and humanities courses begin August 29

Registration is now open for fine arts and humanities courses offered in Bath this fall. More

Flexible Health Care Programs Available in Bath

University College at Bath/Brunswick offers courses from the University of Maine System campuses leading to degrees or certificates in holistic health, dental hygiene, medical lab technology, mental health and More

New Scholarship Program Honors Paul Hanley

The Paul Hanley Memorial Scholarship fund has been established. More

AAUW Scholarship Recipients Announced

Joline Connolly-Allen and Lisa Archer have been awarded the Bath-Brunswick Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship. More

Celebrating the grads!

The Student Association celebrated the accomplishments of the graduating students with a 5/13 dinner featuring a talk by UMA faculty member, Thomas Giordano. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.