UC_BATHBRUN Archives

Univ College Bath-Brunswick Students

UC_BATHBRUN@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:55:42 -0400
Newsletter 9/19/11 | Bath / Brunswick

[image: Description: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 9/19/11*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Congratulate the new SA team!*

Congratulations to our newly elected Student Association officers: *Kristy
Smith*, Co-Chair; *Kristoffer Park*, Co-Chair; *Julie Carleton*, Treasurer;
*Darah Moshier*, Activities; *Joline Connolly-Allen*, Communications and *Tracy
Koehling*, Secretary. This new leadership team will be working hard to
strengthen our community. Check the *SA web
page<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>
* for upcoming meeting dates.

*Revolt*

Hear *Winona Laduke*, an internationally known activist working on
sustainable development and environmental justice address the *UMA
Convocation <http://www.uma.edu/convocation2011.html>,* Friday *9/23*, 2:30
to 4 pm on the Augusta Campus. Convocation will focus on UMA’s 2011-12
theme, *Revolution*.

*Check out the Mobile Vet Center*

Veterans and active military personnel, please join us at a *Veterans
Resource Fair*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/center-services/veterans-services/#anchor1>on
Monday,
*9/26*, 10 am to 1:30 pm in the Lobby. Tour the Mobile Vet Center which will
be located in the circle drive in front of the Center.

*Discover your personality type*

Dennis Unger, will offer a three-week *Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
workshop* designed to help participants: learn more about their personality
type, discover the role of personality in the career planning process, and
explore the relationship between type and career satisfaction. This no-cost
workshop will be offered on Wednesdays, *9/28, 10/5, and 10/12* from 12:30
to 2 pm. *Space is limited* and advance sign-up for the series of three
sessions is required; call 442-7736 or email [log in to unmask]

*Schedule a space for your study group*

Rooms 105 and 120 have been newly outfitted for student collaborative work
and can be *self-scheduled
online<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-collaboration-spaces/>
* with UMS email account. Both rooms are ideal for study groups and have
computers equipped with Skype (use the Skype account for the room or your
own Skype account) so that students can connect and share resources with
others.

*Be a power user*

Unleash the power of your UMS Google account. Attend a *UMS Google Apps
Workshop <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/09/21/ums-google-apps-workshop/>*with
Andy Shatto on
*10/18*, 2:30 to 3:30 pm. Participants will improve productivity through
Google mail, calendar and docs. Email *[log in to unmask]* to sign-up.

*Arrange an alternate exam time*

If you need to schedule a proctored exam as a make-up or for an online class
please *check the make-up exam
times<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/center-services/academic-support/#exams>
* and call our Business Office at 442-7736 to schedule the exam.

*Get connected with a tutor!*

The tutor schedules for fall are in place. We are fortunate to have access
to an array of highly-skilled and user-friendly Biology, Computer,
Mathematics, and Writing
*tutors<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/center-services/academic-support/#tutoring>
*.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: Description: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image: Description:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Apply for Spring 2012
Scholarship<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/08/31/apply-spring-2012-scholarship/>
***

The first Paul Hanley Memorial Scholarship will be awarded for the Spring
2012 semester. Apply by 10/14/11.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/08/31/apply-spring-2012-scholarship/>

*Veterans and Active Military
Personnel<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/08/31/veterans-active-military-personnel/>
***

Please join us at a Veterans Resource Fair on Monday, September 26, between
10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/08/31/veterans-active-military-personnel/>

*AAUW Scholarship Recipients
Announced<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/aauw-scholarship-recipients-announced/>
***

Joline Connolly-Allen and Lisa Archer have been awarded the Bath-Brunswick
Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/12/aauw-scholarship-recipients-announced/>

*Celebrating the
grads!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/celebrating-grads/>
***

The Student Association celebrated the accomplishments of the graduating
students with a 5/13 dinner featuring a talk by UMA faculty member, Thomas
Giordano. More <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/celebrating-grads/>

*New Financial Aid Regulations Effective July
2011<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/financial-aid-regulations-effective-july-2011/>
***

Effective July 1, 2011, federal financial aid regulations are changing
related to satisfactory academic progress (SAP) which allows you to continue
to receive financial aid. The new
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/05/10/financial-aid-regulations-effective-july-2011/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>