Newsletter 9/19/11 | Bath / Brunswick

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 9/19/11

Click here to view in a web browser

Congratulate the new SA team!

Congratulations to our newly elected Student Association officers: Kristy Smith, Co-Chair; Kristoffer Park, Co-Chair; Julie Carleton, Treasurer; Darah Moshier, Activities; Joline Connolly-Allen, Communications and Tracy Koehling, Secretary. This new leadership team will be working hard to strengthen our community. Check the SA web page for upcoming meeting dates.

Revolt

Hear Winona Laduke, an internationally known activist working on sustainable development and environmental justice address the UMA Convocation, Friday 9/23, 2:30 to 4 pm on the Augusta Campus. Convocation will focus on UMA’s 2011-12 theme, Revolution.

Check out the Mobile Vet Center

Veterans and active military personnel, please join us at a Veterans Resource Fair on Monday, 9/26, 10 am to 1:30 pm in the Lobby. Tour the Mobile Vet Center which will be located in the circle drive in front of the Center.

Discover your personality type

Dennis Unger, will offer a three-week Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) workshop designed to help participants: learn more about their personality type, discover the role of personality in the career planning process, and explore the relationship between type and career satisfaction. This no-cost workshop will be offered on Wednesdays, 9/28, 10/5, and 10/12 from 12:30 to 2 pm. Space is limited and advance sign-up for the series of three sessions is required; call 442-7736 or email [log in to unmask].

Schedule a space for your study group

Rooms 105 and 120 have been newly outfitted for student collaborative work and can be self-scheduled online with UMS email account. Both rooms are ideal for study groups and have computers equipped with Skype (use the Skype account for the room or your own Skype account) so that students can connect and share resources with others.

Be a power user

Unleash the power of your UMS Google account. Attend a UMS Google Apps Workshop with Andy Shatto on 10/18, 2:30 to 3:30 pm. Participants will improve productivity through Google mail, calendar and docs. Email [log in to unmask] to sign-up.

Arrange an alternate exam time

If you need to schedule a proctored exam as a make-up or for an online class please check the make-up exam times and call our Business Office at 442-7736 to schedule the exam.

Get connected with a tutor!

The tutor schedules for fall are in place. We are fortunate to have access to an array of highly-skilled and user-friendly Biology, Computer, Mathematics, and Writing tutors.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

Latest News & Events

Apply for Spring 2012 Scholarship

The first Paul Hanley Memorial Scholarship will be awarded for the Spring 2012 semester. Apply by 10/14/11. More

Veterans and Active Military Personnel

Please join us at a Veterans Resource Fair on Monday, September 26, between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. More

AAUW Scholarship Recipients Announced

Joline Connolly-Allen and Lisa Archer have been awarded the Bath-Brunswick Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship. More

Celebrating the grads!

The Student Association celebrated the accomplishments of the graduating students with a 5/13 dinner featuring a talk by UMA faculty member, Thomas Giordano. More

New Financial Aid Regulations Effective July 2011

Effective July 1, 2011, federal financial aid regulations are changing related to satisfactory academic progress (SAP) which allows you to continue to receive financial aid. The new More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.