MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Eric Pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2020 13:35:43 -0500
Good Afternoon MEEOA!

I am thrilled to share this information with you as we embark on hiring a
new addition to our team! We are a fun bunch to work with so if you or
someone you know is interested in joining us, please see the announcement
below! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!

The University of Maine Farmington is seeking applicants for the position
of *Academic Counselor/Tutoring and Mentoring Coordinator. *

UMF Upward Bound is a federally-funded program supported by two, 5-year
competitive renewable TRIO grants from the U.S. Department of Education.
The goal of the Program is to generate in participants, the skills and
motivation necessary to graduate from high school and to matriculate in and
graduate from an institution of post-secondary education.

The Academic Counselor / Tutoring and Mentoring Coordinator works with the
Director of TRIO Programs and other Upward Bound at UMF staff to
collaboratively plan and implement the program and achieve standardized
program goals and objectives for two federal grants:  Foothills Upward
Bound and River Valley Upward Bound.  The Academic Counselor / Tutoring and
Mentoring Coordinator provides day-to-day oversight and coordination of
programming and record keeping as well as direct services and support to
students.

The position is full-time, August 15-June 15, 40 hours per week, with
morning/evening/weekend/holiday hours required.  During the academic year,
business days are split between the office and target high schools.
 Additionally, there is the option to join the summer staff for the
seven-week residential component.  Ownership of a reliable vehicle and
valid driver’s license is required.  The position is a soft-money
appointment.

This position reports to the Director of TRIO Programs.

Additional information, such as duties, requirements, submission
information, and how to apply, available at:
https://umf.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=64852
Take good care,

Eric
--
*Eric Pratt*
Pronouns: He|Him|His

Academic Counselor
MEEOA Government Relations Chair
Upward Bound | University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street
Farmington, ME 04938
C: 207.314.5499 | W: 207.778.7279
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667