Good Afternoon MEEOA!

I am thrilled to share this information with you as we embark on hiring a new addition to our team! We are a fun bunch to work with so if you or someone you know is interested in joining us, please see the announcement below! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!

The University of Maine Farmington is seeking applicants for the position of Academic Counselor/Tutoring and Mentoring Coordinator.

UMF Upward Bound is a federally-funded program supported by two, 5-year competitive renewable TRIO grants from the U.S. Department of Education.  The goal of the Program is to generate in participants, the skills and motivation necessary to graduate from high school and to matriculate in and graduate from an institution of post-secondary education.

The Academic Counselor / Tutoring and Mentoring Coordinator works with the Director of TRIO Programs and other Upward Bound at UMF staff to collaboratively plan and implement the program and achieve standardized program goals and objectives for two federal grants:  Foothills Upward Bound and River Valley Upward Bound.  The Academic Counselor / Tutoring and Mentoring Coordinator provides day-to-day oversight and coordination of programming and record keeping as well as direct services and support to students.

The position is full-time, August 15-June 15, 40 hours per week, with morning/evening/weekend/holiday hours required.  During the academic year, business days are split between the office and target high schools.   Additionally, there is the option to join the summer staff for the seven-week residential component.  Ownership of a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license is required.  The position is a soft-money appointment.

This position reports to the Director of TRIO Programs.

Additional information, such as duties, requirements, submission information, and how to apply, available at: https://umf.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=64852

Take good care,

Eric

--
Eric Pratt
Pronouns: He|Him|His

Academic Counselor
MEEOA Government Relations Chair
Upward Bound | University of Maine at Farmington
252 Main Street
Farmington, ME 04938
C: 207.314.5499 | W: 207.778.7279
Toll Free: 1.888.237.1667