From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 16:44:53 -0500
Chris Craig writes:

> Seiously, I thought it was absurd when Dunham did this last year, and it's
just as ridiculous now.  Come on. Who here thinks anyone can miss two months
of classes and still (legitimately) pass them?  It's things like this that
make (Peter? Chris?) Ferraro's comment about a "hockey factory" seem pretty
close to the truth.

I have to agree. Or does Dunham receive tutoring or something while away from
the school?

Did anyone see Mike Latendresse's comments in the Globe the other day?
He said he didn't want to take the SAT because he knew very little english
and likely would find the verbal section of the test exceedingly difficult.
So U Maine let him off the hook completely and admitted him anyway. Of course,
there was a fracas a few years ago when it was disclosed that the school
admits football players without having to take SATs, despite the fact that
application information states specifically that SAT scores are required
part of the application portfolio.

I'm not trying to knock the school, but isn't this in violation of NC$$
regulations? At the very least, I think it's a shame.

--Sid
BU '94