From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 13:11:06 -0400
Brian Sprague writes:

> I don't know what version of things you guys in Boston got, but most of
> last year's problems were self-reported by the Maine athletic department.

Brian's remarks followed some comments I made:

> Ouch. Just when we thought it was all over...but at least they found this
> one on their own.

Let me state that as Mike Machnik as suggested, my comments were made in
reference to the ongoing NC$$ investigation at Maine, involving problems
that were not self-reported by the University.

Despite on or two attacks from the likes of Boston Globe sportswriter
Will McDonough, I would emphasize (as would Mike) that not everyone
in the Boston area covering Hockey East has it out for Maine. Even if
some of us are affiliated with other HE schools besides Maine, I think nearly
everyone that I've talked to feels badly about what has happened there.

--Sid Whitaker
  BU '94.5