From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 10:50:05 -0500
Vicki wrote:

> The playing field: glass, boards, size contribute to the way the game is
> played. Yes, I agree $$$$ is the issue. Hockey is a high-velocity contact
> sport. We've topped the list for most injuries in a sport  surpassing
> football. Researchers tell us that severe injury is often independent of
> protective gear. What does that tell us?

It tells us that you would agree with the ORIGINAL premise of this whole
discussion -- that we should go to half-shields -- or, some would say, no
shields, or no helmets.

That was the original point -- which you argued and turned into a
dissertation on violence.  I don't disagree with what you say, necessarily,
but in this little paragraph you have just supported the original point.
That simple. So please stop preaching to us on everything else. No one
asked.

AW