From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 13:34:40 -0500
On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Chris Farley Grand Forks Ninja wrote:

>        By winning the National title that shows you are the best in
>Hockey that year.

I disagree with your opinion.  Winning the NCAA's show you won the NCAA's.  It
is a strong indicator thay your team was one of best (if not *the* best) teams
in the country, nothing more (in my opinion).

You have to win it on the ice not in the polls or fan balleting, this is why
college basketball and Hockey are not a farce like the Division 1 national
title in football.

You have to win the NCAA playoffs on the ice to become NCAA champion.  It is my
opinion that your equating of "NCAA CHampions = "best team in college hockey"
is not necessarily correct.

>Jim is just experiencing sour grapes because his team got bounced out of
>the playoffs.

Well, "my" team didn't get bounced out of the playoffs last year, but I still
don't think they were the best team.  They were NCAA champs, but not
the best team.

> National Title means yyour team is number one

You are welcome to your opinion, with which I completely disagree.  I do not
believe that Arizona, a team which finished third in their own conference, and
lost to my own Wolverine squad, a non-tournament team, were the best team in
college basketball this year.  Kansas was obviously the best team.

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!

The above commentary, which does not *even* represent the opinion of
the American Mathematical Society, is sold by weight, not by volume.
Some settling of the contents may have occurred during shipping.