From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2023 20:22:46 -0400
Thanks to everyone who shared thoughts about inserting the women's
championship into the Frozen Four.  I agree with Tom Rowe that logistics
may be more daunting,  but I don't think game scheduling or rink
functions are an insurmountable problem.  Just to see how wrong I might
be, I tried putting together the most likely game scenarios for two
potential options, ...
   (A) merely adding the Division I women's tournament to the existing
Frozen Four (ie., a 2-championship tournament), and
   (B) combining both men's and women's tournaments for both Div I and
Div II/III into a single-venue event like Tampa (ie., a 4-championship
tournament).

The latter requires at least 4 days, which could either start earlier
(Wednesday) or just extend through Sunday.

The most challenging trick might be finding a way to accommodate all
fans, who have many varied interests, both with specialized ticket
offerings and hotel accommodations.   Option A is far less daunting than
Option B.  I still think any viable plan which can effectively
consolidate Frozen Fours, at least by incorporating the women's, would
be a plus.  The following shows the game schedules I dreamed up as most
likely outcomes under each option.

_Option (A) - COMBINES TWO TOURNAMENTS; DIV I MEN & WOMEN:_
Thu 2 PM, MEN Div I Semifinal #1
Thu 6 PM, MEN Div I Semifinal #2

Fri 2 PM, WOMEN Div I Semifinal #1
Fri 6 PM, WOMEN Div I Semifinal #2

Sat 4 PM, WOMEN Div I FINAL
Sat 8 PM, MEN Div I FINAL

_Option (B) - ___COMBINES _FOUR TOURNAMENTS___; DIV I/II/III MEN & WOMEN:__
Thu Noon, MEN Div I Semifinal #1
Thu 4 PM, MEN Div I Semifinal #2
Thu 8 PM, WOMEN Div I Semifinal #1

Fri Noon, WOMEN Div I Semifinal #2
/Fri 4 PM, __MEN //_Div II/III_//Semifinal #1//
//  Fri 8 PM, __MEN //_Div II/III_//Semifinal #2/

/Sat Noon, __WOMEN //_DIV III_//Semifinal #1//
//  Sat 4 PM,  __WOMEN //_Div III_//Semifinal #2/
Sat 8 PM, MEN Div I FINAL

Sun Noon, WOMEN Div I FINAL
/Sun 4 PM, __MEN //_Div II/III_//FINAL//
//  Sun 8 PM, __WOMEN //_Div III_//FINAL/

In our next episode, we'll incorporate the Stanley Cup.

Bob