GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Sean Gambrel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Gambrel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:11:01 -0400
Hi folks,

I'm just curious if any towns in the state charge a fee for E911
addressing?  We are considering doing so here in Bangor.

In doing some quick research, I see that addressing is often lumped in with
driveway permitting, which often involves a fee.  Here in Bangor, driveway
review and addressing are handled by two different departments, so we are
considering a fee specifically for addressing.  Is this legal, and does any
town currently do this?

Thanks for the info!
Sean

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: