GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Maine GeoNews <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Joseph Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2023 07:03:59 -0400
Good Morning All,
The budget process has become cloudy and I can't find any documentation of
how the GeoLibrary line items will be discussed and voted on. They must be
in a foggy back room where deals are made I guess.

However Nicole
<https://legislature.maine.gov/bills/getPDF.asp?paper=SP0674&item=1&snum=131>
Grohoski's bill LD 1687
<https://legislature.maine.gov/bills/getPDF.asp?paper=SP0674&item=1&snum=131>
is meant to be a back up in case the GeoLibrary funding gets traded for
something else. It is having its public hearing in the State and Local
Government Committee on Friday sometime after 9:30 am. It is the last bill
listed of 7, so it may take a bit.

Please submit testimony supporting the bill and attend the meeting if you
can either in person or via ZOOM. You can submit electronically via the State
and Local Government Committee website
<https://legislature.maine.gov/committee/#Committees/SLG> by clicking on
the testimony link in the upper right hand corner.

Please keep up the conversation with your Senators and Representatives as
well as submitting testimony to the SLG committee!

Joseph Young
Moose Hill Farm
Fayette, ME 04349
Business: 207-897-3093
Cell: 207-931-7626

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=GEOLIBRARY-L&A=1

Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: