EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:17:15 EDT
In a message dated 07/21/2000 8:56:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Haven't we all seen too many Pound scholars trying
 hard, like TR, to minimize this evil side of Pound?  Why don't
 they learn to simply accept the fact that all of us, including
 every great man, is at least a little smeared with shit?

I can only guess that you haven't been following the en lin wei show, and the
shit-smearing that he engages in.  but no, now that you mention it, I don't
see too many scholars doing anything of the sort -- maybe you could provide
some specifics, name some names, etc.  TR, as you call him, is trying to make
a distinction that Pound himself made.  but I know of no one who doesn't
understand that Pound was viciously anti-Semitic, including TR, on whom
you're smearing a little shit yourself.  this fucking piousness is getting
really tiresome, especially by little twits trying to make names for
themselves at the expense of honest discussion....

jb...