EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:20:01 -0400
Tim,

My common sense reply is that, to the Jew, there is no value
difference between the antisemite who openly advocates genocide
and the antisemite who does not openly advocate genocide.
There is no practical difference, since the latter passively
paves the way for the former.  Pound was simply smitten to a
larger extent than most well-known writers of the period with
this historical disease, reasonably described with fecal
metaphor, in my humble opinion.  It amazes me, by the way, that
his friends Eliot and Cummings do not more prominently share
the stage with him in this regard.

==Dan