DAILY-ASTRONOMER Archives

Daily doses of information related to astronomy, including physics,

DAILY-ASTRONOMER@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Edward Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:31:28 -0400
*ASTRONOMY CAFE*

*"Summer Night Sky Tour"*

*Monday, July 11, 2016*

*7:00 p.m.*
*Admission by donation*

Twice a year, the Astronomy Cafe focuses solely on the night sky.
January's Astronomy Cafe involves a thorough tour of the winter night
sky.   July's cafe pertains to the summer sky.     Join us tonight as we
guide attendees through the firmament: from Leo the Lion descending in the
west to Scorpius the Scorpion lurking in the south.    We'll also see Ursa
Major and Minor; the great and small bears perpetually chasing each other
in the high northern sky.    We include the Summer Triangle, Milky Way
Galaxy Band, the Sagittarius "milk dipper,"  moon, planets and much more!

Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Entire tour duration is just about one hour.

For more information about the Astronomy Cafe and other planetarium
programs, please consult our web-site      www.usm.maine.edu/planet
or call us at 207-780-4249.

Cheers!