DAILY-ASTRONOMER Archives

Daily doses of information related to astronomy, including physics,

DAILY-ASTRONOMER@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Edward Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:54:45 -0400
SOUTHERN MAINE ASTRONOMERS MONTHLY MEETING
Date:  Thursday, May 2, 2019
Time:  7:00 p.m.
Location:  Southworth Planetarium
Free and open to the Public
Topic: *An Introduction to Radio Astronomy *
*Presenter:  Jon Wallace*

Are you aware that most of what we know about the universe was learned
using radio telescopes? We will explore the uses that astronomers are
making of radio astronomy and the advantages of radio versus optical
observing. Since radio picks up lower energy (lower temperature) objects
than optical astronomy, we can use radio telescopes to look at very
different objects. A demonstration radio telescope will be used before the
presentation to give a hands-on experience to participants.

All are welcome!
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

www.southermaineastronomers.org