ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Abigail Garthwait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:20:47 -0600
*Please forward to interested educators.*

I'm pleased to announce a new instructor for EDT 537 Foundations of
Distance Education:  Jessica Luddars, the *North Carolina Virtual Public
School's *2015 TEACHER OF THE YEAR!!
Please meet Jessica:  NCVPS Teacher of the Year,
<http://www.ncvps.org/index.php/jessica-ludders-honored-2015-ncvps-teacher-year/>

She writes,

"Join us in EDT 537 to learn about distance education: its history, its
present, and its future.  We will explore various technologies that you can
implement immediately and we'll visit with leaders in the field to learn on
the cutting edge the technological tide that is transforming the education
landscape."

You may take this class as a non-degree student by filling out the
UMaine non-degree
form <http://www.umaine.edu/graduate/prospectivestudents/nondegreeinfo>. ;
which works for re-certification credit with the ME DOE  These credits can
also be transferred into a master's degree in Instructional Technology or
for the Educational Tech Coordinator's certificate program -- if you apply
in a timely fashion.

This class is also useful for educators interested in flipped classrooms
and individualized learning.  You will be notified of other open classes in
the next few days.

UNIVERSITY OF MAINE CLASSES START AUGUST 31.  Sign up early to be assured
of a spot.