Please forward to interested educators.

I'm pleased to announce a new instructor for EDT 537 Foundations of Distance Education:  Jessica Luddars, the North Carolina Virtual Public School's 2015 TEACHER OF THE YEAR!!
Please meet Jessica:  NCVPS Teacher of the Year,

She writes,

"Join us in EDT 537 to learn about distance education: its history, its present, and its future.  We will explore various technologies that you can implement immediately and we'll visit with leaders in the field to learn on the cutting edge the technological tide that is transforming the education landscape."

You may take this class as a non-degree student by filling out the UMaine non-degree form. ; which works for re-certification credit with the ME DOE  These credits can also be transferred into a master's degree in Instructional Technology or for the Educational Tech Coordinator's certificate program -- if you apply in a timely fashion.

This class is also useful for educators interested in flipped classrooms and individualized learning.  You will be notified of other open classes in the next few days.

UNIVERSITY OF MAINE CLASSES START AUGUST 31.  Sign up early to be assured of a spot.