ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Gary Lanoie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2021 10:57:30 -0500
Passing this message & information along about the upcoming *Safer Internet
Day* from Kerry Gallagher who was one of the ACTEM 2020 keynote speakers
last fall.
It was so great to work with you this past fall to make the programming
work for ACTEM. I was wondering if you might be interested in some of the
new content from ConnectSafely <https://www.connectsafely.org/>.

You already know about how passionate I am for the work we do at
ConnectSafely. Well, ConnectSafely is hosting our BIG annual event: *Safer
Internet Day <https://saferinternetday.us/>*. It is a worldwide day
observed in over 100 countries to examine and celebrate the ways we can
inspire one another -- and especially the children and adolescents we care
for -- to do our part to make the internet better. *ConnectSafely is the
U.S. host* of Safer Internet Day, and it is always the second Tuesday in
February, so this year it's Feb. 9.

This year we are, of course, offering the programming virtually. Here my
favorite 2 highlights:

   - *Customized * <https://saferinternetday.us/lesson-plans/>*lesson plans*
   <https://saferinternetday.us/lesson-plans/>* that I wrote myself *(so I
   can vouch for the research-based information and relevancy) for elementary,
   middle, and high school. No one-size-fits-all here! These lesson plans are
   designed to fit each age and developmental level. They each only take 20-30
   minutes and can be used any day, not just on Safer Internet Day.
   - 6-8 minute expert interviews <https://saferinternetday.us/insights/> in
   the form of videos and podcasts will be released on Monday, Feb. 8! Larry
   and I have talked to some *people you will definitely recognize* from
   fields that include education, social media, online gaming, and more.

Gary Lanoie, Executive Director
ACTEM - The Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine
P.O. Box 187, Gorham, ME 04038
Phone: (207) 222-4353    FAX:  (207) 222-2057     Email:  [log in to unmask]
*SAVE THE DATE * *• * *ACTEM 2021 Spring Leadership Conference  **•  May 4,
2021*