ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Sarah Glatz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2017 07:40:33 -0500
Hello Integrators!

I'm looking for a 5 - 7 grade classroom who would like to play a form of
"two truths and a lie" with us.

I have a group of 6th graders who are studying news validity.  (I'm happy
to share lesson plans.)  Now that we've learned a few things about
consequences of sharing fake news and strategies for verifying the validity
of news, we want to try an activity with another classroom - an authentic
audience.

We will find two true articles and make our own fake one. We'd like an
audience to present the three articles and then take a few minutes to
research and decide which of our articles are fake.  Ideally, said
classroom would also try to challenge us with the same.

Please let me know if you or a teacher in your school is interested.  Email
me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Sarah Glatz
Technology Integrator