From:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:53:02 -0500
At 11:52 AM 3/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Satow, Clay wrote:
>
>> He made a very nice move to beat a very good goalie.  I was surprised when
>> the announcer said that it was his sixth goal of the season.  I wondered a
>> couple of things: 1.  How can a guy with moves like that have only five
>> goals?  2.  Why would the coach pick a five goal scorer to take the penalty
>> shot?  I wasn't like the fourth line was out there, it was 5-on-3 at the
>> time.  Perhaps because he had scored before, and the coach thought he was
>> hot?

I thought that it would Morris' pick who took the shot but the 2 scouts
sitting in front of me corrected me and said that Evans would be the shooter
immediately after the call.  They might have made a lucky guess but I don't
think so.  If he was going with hot players Evans might not have been the
guy, they got the penalty shot because he didn't put the puck in an open
net!  He got the first goal but Cole created the opportunity with a great move.

FYI, the scouts only made notes about Cole, Mitchell and Evans, all from
Clarkson.  No Maine notes at all.