From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:45:10 -0500
At 08:15 AM 3/29/99 -0500, Satow, Clay wrote:
>He made a very nice move to beat a very good goalie.  I was surprised when
>the announcer said that it was his sixth goal of the season.  I wondered a
>couple of things: 1.  How can a guy with moves like that have only five
>goals?  2.  Why would the coach pick a five goal scorer to take the penalty
>shot?  I wasn't like the fourth line was out there, it was 5-on-3 at the
>time.  Perhaps because he had scored before, and the coach thought he was
>hot?

Wouldn't this have something to do with who was on the ice at the time
of the "infraction"? I thought it was strange that Evans was selected
(thinking
it would have been Cole), but I then thought that he was also on the ice
when the puck was covered and maybe was the one closest to the puck.
Or am I wrong and the coach can just select whoever they want?

-Andy