From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:16:32 -0800
--- "Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I wanted to point him out, so this is a good opportunity.  The scorer
was
> Dave Evans, Averill Park native, (about 10 miles outside of Albany.)
> Dave
> was recruited by RPI, among others, but elected to go to Clarkson and
> their tradition of (unfortunately fruitless) post-season play.  Dave
> injured his knee in November and was less than 100% for most of the
> season.  Dave knows how to put the puck in the net, but at Clarkson was
> faced with learning Mark Morris's defense-first system.  Dave had never
> played one on one defense previously so the schooling process, coupled
> with his injury, hindered his offensive production throughout the
season.
> According to his dad, Dave didn't get discouraged however and apparently
> his work ethic paid off with his great game at Worcester.
>
> I imagine Coach Morris never forgot about Dave's goal scoring talent and
> let him show his stuff in the big game.

Evans also already had scored a goal.  I wondered if Morris didn't put
Evans in there because he wouldn't have the same butterflies as perhaps
other players would trying to score their first NCAA goal of the year (or
career).  Though it would have been very hard to argue with putting Cole in
there, not many butterflies in his stomach!!  Great player.

===
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
1999 UNIVERSITY OF MAINE COMEBACK TOUR!
2 DOWN, 2 TO GO.. DESTINATION: FINAL FOUR!