From:
Tim Brule <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Brule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:41:48 -0600
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Erik Biever wrote:

> Shari Durdin writes:
>
> >Does any of the Minnesota contingent out there (Carol, Eric, Pam??)
> >know if the U of M has ever bid to have this round at Mariucci? With
> >over 9000 seats, and a fairly good chance the Gophers would be there,
>
> Unfortunately (for us local hockey fans, that is) the University of
> Minnesota  seems to putting its main effort into bidding for (and getting)
> NCAA hoop playoffs.  That Final Four thing will be in Minneapolis sometime
> in the next few years, as well as various regionals.  The Women's Final Four
> was in Mpls. last year.  So far as I know, they have not bid for any hockey
> regionals.

Interesting. I talked to Minnesota Hockey SID, Brad Ruiter, yesterday and
asked him this very question. He said that they may try to host the western
regional at the New Mariucci in 1998. He further said they will not try to
host a regional/final when they are hosting the WCHA final 5 (I think
1997, 1999, 2001, ... alternating with the Bradley Center). As Erik mentioned
they are also bidding to host roundball regionals and finals. I am not
sure how this could effect hosting the 1998 western regional.

Tim