Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 91 12:24:50 EST
 I remember back to 1987 at Joe Louis Arena when we (Minn fans) cheered North
 Dakota on to beat Michigan State in the championship game. However, since that
 time when we have been to our league final four, almost all other fans cheer
 AGAINST Minnesota. It is rather a sore point with me and I have said it before
 and say it again, I will not cheer for a team that wouldn't give us the same
 respect. Naturally, it is beneficial for our league to win the national
 championship however there are two teams I definitely would NOT cheer for. One
 is Wisconsin and the other is North Dakota. We even have a VERY popular button
 here which reads: "I cheer for Minnesota and whoever is playing Wisconsin".

 This weekend I am rooting for Michigan Tech to beat Northern Michigan.  Next
 weekend will be tricky as Wisconsin will be playing Northern...you'll have to
 ask me again next week if I'll reconsider who to cheer for. *:-)
 Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!
 GO HUSKIES!!