Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1993 21:56:32 -0400
I like this thread!

You may NOT believe this, but it IS true. And since i have gotten to know quite
 a few of the regulars on Hockey-L I thought you would all enjoy this TRUE
story.

Take me back to my first days in Minneapolis, when I came out here to attend
the University of Minnesota....

I had NEVER seen a hockey game. Didn't know ANYTHING about hockey (or most
other team sports - hey I was an art major!) My new friend who was across the
the hall from me in the dorm, convinced me that I should buy a season pass,
and go to the games with her. (She is not what I would say a big hockey fan,
but it was chaep entertainment and close to the dorm!) So we go to the first
game, I was watching the players come out on the ice and I could tell who the
teams were, but I had a question: Who are the guys in the black and white
shirts?  After they all got up after falling on the floor from laughing so
hard...I got my answer. So, you see a fan was born that day! ;-)

I got a book on how to play the game that Christmas and *I've* been breaking
in the new fans ever since. ;-)  My girlfriend who is still my best friend to
this day, never had any idea what she was getting me into!

A fan for life and proud of it!
Let's GO Gophers!!!

-Carol

Carol S. White                            BITNET: c-whit@uminn1
University of Minnesota        internet:[log in to unmask]
Office of the Registrar
(612) 625-8517                                    GO Gophers!!!