From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 06:35:15 -0500
Jayson Moy picked the following ECAC Rookie team and honorable
mentions:

> Gee, my 1st team is almost identical to Geoff's, except for Parsons.
> ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
>
> 1st                                     HM
>
> F       Casson Masters (Princeton)      Derek McLaughlin (St. Lawrence)
> F       Eric Healey (RPI)               Matt Brush (Princeton)
> F       Ryan Smart (Cornell)            Henry Higdon (Harvard)
> F       Tim Loftsgard (Colgate)         Bob Cancelli (Dartmouth)
> F       Doug Sproule (Harvard)          Chris Clark (Clarkson)
> F       Paul DiFrancesco (St. Lawrence) Matt Stelljes (Vermont)
> D       Bryan Tapper (RPI)              Jason Dailey (Cornell)
> D       Jason Reid (Vermont)            Nicholas Windsor (Clarkson)
> D       Ray Giroux (Yale)               Geordie Hyland (Harvard)
> D       Jeremiah McCarthy (Harvard)     Pat Brownlee (RPI)
> G       Dan Murphy (Clarkson)           Trevor Koenig (Union)
> G       Dan Brenzavich (Colgate)        Jason Elliot (Cornell)

It is interesting that the three RPI Freshmen that Jayson chose
(Healey, Tapper, and Brownlee) were not NHL draft picks, while the
three that he did not choose (Aldous, Battaglia, and Masotta) were NHL
draft picks.  While I do not want to go out on a limb and state which
of these six will make the largest contribution to Engineer hockey
over four years (assuming that it still is Engineer hockey in 1998 :-),
it does show that qualities that the NHL thinks are important do not
always correspond to those that are important at the college level.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74