From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 13:58:16 -0500
There have already been a couple of posts about incoming Freshamn
being selected in the recent NHL draft.  I can add one more name,
Mark Murphy, frosh-to-be at RPI, was chosen in the 8th round by
Toronto.

I am confused.  (So what else is new? :-) )  I thought that incoming
freshman could not be drafted unless they declared, but this would
make them not eligible to play in college.  Is it connected with their
age perhaps?  Does anyone know why these incoming freshamn could be
drafted, but many more could not?

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74
Oh yeah.  Mark Murphy used to play for the Redskins (Washington, not
Miami) and thus was draft-eligible,.  :-)