From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 21:58:33 -0500
(my e-mail is having trouble ..sorry if this is a duplicate)
St. Lawrence defeat Clarkson 2-1 in a game filled with penalties and
strange happenings.  There were 19 penalties and no power play goals.
At 13:20 of the second period Clarkson had a penalty shot and Kevin
Ackley stopped the shot by Jay Latulippe.  The final 2.4 seconds were
played twice and I don't know why.  All of SLU's scoring was done by
freshman.  At the end it was starting to sound a bit rough.  I imagine
that the feelings of this game will carry over into the rematch at
Cheel.

Apparently Brown beat Harvard 4-0.

The North Country teams travel next weekend to the Capital District to
play Union and RPI.

First Period:

Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 7
CU - Walsh - 9

Second Period:
6:09 - SLU - FitzRandolph

Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 11
CU - Walsh - 9

Third Period:
0:47 - CU - Latulippe from Genovy
16:33 - Hogg from Treveleyan and Zeile
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 18
CU - Walsh - 10

Pelletier-Stewart Players of the Game:
offense - Colin FitzRandolp and Adam Hogg
defense - Kevin Ackley and Simon Watson

Stars of the Game:
1 - Kevin Ackley
2 - Adam Hogg