EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Terry O'Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:26:21 EST
Dirk---thank you for breaking that down for me---am I right tho that
virginity only addresses the first born and thus fidelity should be more
prized.in protecting property lines (who fathered all the other kids  ?)
That's where the notion of property rights comes into play ---the wife must
be faithful as she is the property of the husband but the husband is free to
philander. Which means that it is not really fidelity that is at issue as
that is a gender neutral virtue but rather domination. Witness in Texas where
 if you run over a cheatin' husband you get 20 years but if you shoot a
cheatin' wife (or the bastard doin' it to you) everybody at the country club
buys you a drink and you walk. Terry O'Grady