EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:09:37 -0800
Undoubtedly the whole purpose of Ginsberg's visit to Pound was to pay
tribute to the poet. That in itself might have been an act to rile those who
view Pound as an anathema to decency. But it should not be hard to affirm
what Pound said during the visit for not only was Ginsberg there to hear it
but also Michael Reck, his six-year old son, the English poet and critic
Peter Russell, and Olga Rudge. Some of these witnesses are still living I
believe.
    Besides that, when I saw Ginsberg at the Rolling Thunder Review in
Rochester, N.Y. on Nov. 17, 1975 I broached the subject to him and during
our discussion I found no reason to doubt what AG told me. However I would
contend that lying is a grotesque sickness worse than many others.

CDM