EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Michael Coxe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:54:59 -0800
Hi, first post - a question.

Ages ago I possessed a long magazine article covering Allen Ginsberg's
(+ others) trip in 1967 to Italy to visit Ezra Pound. I remember a
section where Ginsberg plays Dylan and Beatles records, noting how
conversational language had usurped tin pan alley's lyrics, and
another begging him to pay a visit to America, that with the 60's
turmoil America would forgive & forget, but Pound was too ashamed
of the war years to consider it possible.

There was also a wonderful Pound quote ala that poetry, music and
dance should never stray far from one another.

I'm looking foremost for the article (what magazine, what date/issue,
though a copy would be a godsend) and nearly as desperately for that
quote.

 - michael coxe, san jose, ca