EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Jonathan P. Gill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:03:04 -0400
That passage about anti-semitism in St. Louis is a classic, interesting
for at least two reasons.  First, I wonder if we depend on it too
much--are there any other views of the situation at that moment?  Also, I
wonder of some of that civic spirit touched T.S. Eliot, then an early
adolescent in
that city (if memory serves).

Jonathan Gill
Columbia University